Nominee – She Dreams at Sunrise
It took 8 minutes and 46 seconds to take a Black man’s life.
She Dreams at Sunrise
Directed by Camrus Johnson
Directed by Marshall Tyler
Directed by Zoey Martinson
Pearl and Henry
Directed by Gibrey Allen
This collection of four narrative shorts reclaims that time to tell stories of Black love and joy, 8 minutes and 46 seconds at a time.
Saturday Morning, Tribeca Studios, and Procter and Gamble joined forces to produce, finance, and promote these projects in the hopes of turning a time associated with hate into a genuine reason for hope.
The Films launched at Tribeca Festival and were promoted through an integrated campaign developed with Saturday Mornings and P&G.
- Give Black storytellers the opportunity to lift up stories of joy and hope in the aftermath of George Floyd's murder
- Amplify P&G's Widen the Screen initiative
Solutions & Outcomes
- All four 8:46 films premiered at Tribeca, on Juneteenth.
- BET and CBS picked up the series to be streamed on their platforms.
- She Dreams at Sunrise was nominated for Outstanding Short Form Animated Film at the NAACP Awards